St. Norbert College Track & Field Camps
Facilities & Directions
Donald J. Schneider Stadium
St. Norbert College proudly opened Donald J. Schneider Stadium, located on De Pere’s near west side, in September 2010.
The 2,454-seat facility houses the Green Knights in football, men’s and women’s soccer and men’s and women’s outdoor track and field.
The stadium complex is named after a major donor, the late Don Schneider, who graduated from St. Norbert College in 1957. Schneider was the CEO of Schneider National Inc., one of the nation’s largest transportation and logistics companies. He had been a member of the college’s board of trustees and was also an adjunct professor at the college during the 1960s.
The playing field within the stadium is named in honor of Howard “Chick” Kolstad, St. Norbert’s football coach from 1960 to 1978. Immensely respected as a coach and person, Kolstad’s 19 years produced a 96-76-5 record mainly against scholarship-level opponents. A fierce competitor who once proclaimed he would schedule Notre Dame if the Irish would agree to it, he had 12 winning seasons and two others at .500.
The stadium replaced pre-World War II-era Dr. John R. Minahan Stadium, which was located near St. Norbert Abbey on De Pere’s east side, and featured a cinder non-metric track and a natural grass playing surface.
Practice and competition venue for football, soccer and track and field
400-meter track with an all-weather surface, appropriate areas to conduct all field events
New-style artificial turf for football and soccer competition
Press box with 34 spaces for journalists, coaches and game administration staff
Ticket and information booths; paved parking lot with capacity for 500 cars
Locker room building with lockers, showers and state-of-the-art training room to accommodate more than 200 home and visiting athletes